Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I'm Alive

I made it through the night unscathed and have never been so happy to leave a camp site. It was still early, about 6am when I started. I stopped into a donut shop to recharge before I navigated through the big city.

I made into Boston around 8 o'clock and found a small church that had mass. I was still in bike clothes and hadn't showered in a few days so i sat in the back as to not draw too much attention to myself.

I successfully navigated the streets of Boston without too much heartache. I had planned to camp somewhere between Boston and Woods Hole whew I would then catch the ferry to Martha's Vineyard to stay with my friend Cody and Stephen for a few days. After getting south of Boston the thought of a warm shower and a good nights rest started to sound more and more appealing. I decided to try my best to make it to Woods Hole that night instead of camping. Once again I had good weather, a bit windy, but it was sunny and warm. I stuffed some snacks in my handle bar bag and kept my rest breaks to a minimum.

With a little luck I was able to make it to the dock in time to catch the 7:30pm ferry to Martha's Vineyard. Stephen and Cody meet me on their bikes at the dock. It was dark out but the moon was bright as we road to their house.

8hours and 45minutes in the saddle today. I'm going to sleep well tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I check for a new post daily. This adventure makes for some good readin! I'm glad your alive and well and I look forward to reading what's to come.

    ReplyDelete