Tuesday, May 15, 2012

New York City

Like I mentioned before my original plan was to skirt NYC as quickly as possible but plans change and I'm glad they do. New York was amazing. My friend Jack's fifth floor walk up comes complete with a private roof top patio in Manhattan. Jack was in the middle of finals for law school but took time out of his schedule to grab dinner at a great little pizza place and enjoy a beer on his roof top patio.

Jack offered to let me stay another night and I couldn't say no to a day in the city. Jack was buried in school work so I was on my own for the morning. I made it to St Patricks for Church and found myself distracted by all of the ornate detail of the church. When i got back to the apartment I caught up on laundry and enjoyed coffee on the roof. The weather was amazing and I felt like I should be in movie.

My cousin Rawley is the closest thing to a New Yorker I know. She graduated from NYU and has been working for MTV for the last 4-5 years. I knew I couldn't come to the city without seeing her. We met for brunch and caught up on what was been happening in our lives. After brunch she gave me the grand tour of all of her favorite places. I walked her back to her place and continued wandering the city by myself.

Jack finished all of his school work for the day and we met up to grab dinner. We spent the evening reminiscing about old times and talking about what future might hold. I am really glad I was able to stay in New York, although it wasn't part of the original plan it turned out to be one of the highlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment