Friday, May 4, 2012

Paul & Leslie

Paul and Leslie were fantastic hosts that went out of their way to make sure I felt out home. If you didn't know any better you would think they ran a full blown bed and breakfast. After a delicious dinner Paul offered to show me around the town. We drove all over as Paul explained what the town had to offer, local economy, and interesting landmarks (including Steven Kings home). We concluded the tour with a stop at a local joint called Goveners for what Paul described as obnoxiously big piece of pie. Back at the house we shared stories and started to map out my journey. After a good nights sleep I departed under the grey skies of Bangor.

Paul and Leslie were what I would call genuinely good people. They have made choices like eating vegetarian, exercising daily, and unplugging the television (not to mention taking in cyclists). The most valuable piece of information that Paul and Leslie shared with me was something called Warm Showers. Warm Showers is a network of hosts just like Paul and Leslie that take in cyclists that are touring. How have I not looked into this before?

No comments:

Post a Comment